The Million Moments for Democracy civil society group is planning protests on Tuesday, December 10, Monday, December 16, and Thursday, December 19, to demand the resignation of Prime Minister Andrej Babiš. On Tuesday, participants plan to gather from 18:00 (local time) at Wenceslas Square (Václavaké náměstí) in Prague, before marching to the Main Station. Organizers have arranged for buses to transport demonstrators from several cities to the capital to participate in Tuesday's march.
Protests on December 16 are being organized at the following times and locations:
- from 17:00 at Náměstí in Mikulov
- from 17:30 at Valdštejnovo Náměstí in Jičín
- from 18:00 at Náměstí Tomáše Garrique Masaryka in Pilsen
- from 18:00 in Vyskov - although organizers did not immediately announce an exact meeting location
- from 18:00 at Palackého náměstí in Ivančice
- from 18:30 at Masarykovo náměstí in Třeboň
A heightened security presence and localized traffic disruptions are expected around all demonstration sites.
The Million Moments for Democracy student group has held several protests throughout Czech Republic demanding the resignation of several government officials, particularly Prime Minister Andrej Babiš. Around 250,000 people gathered at protests on June 23 and August 21.
Individuals in Czech Republic are advised to monitor developments, avoid all protests and demonstrations as a precaution, and anticipate a heightened security presence and localized business and transportation disruptions around protest sites.