Student activists are planning a nationwide strike on Friday, November 29, to demand government action against climate change. Participants have also called for several protests including:
- 11:00 (local time) in front of South Australia Parliament in Adelaide
- 13:00 at Queens Gardens in Brisbane
- 10:00 at Parap Place in Darwin
- 12:30 at the Parliament Lawns in Hobart
- 14:30 in front of the Parliament of Victoria in Melbourne
- 18:00 at Yagan Square in Perth
- 10:00 at 100 Willam street, Woolloomooloo in Sydney
Other protests are planned in major urban areas around the country. A heightened security presence and localized transport disruptions are expected in near all protest sites.
Individuals in Australia are advised to monitor the situation, avoid all protests and demonstrations as a precaution, anticipate localized traffic disruptions and a heightened security presence near demonstration sites, and adhere to all instructions issued by the local authorities.