Members of the "sardine" movement are planning to hold protests in several cities across Italy between Wednesday, December 4, through Sunday, December 15. Scheduled protests include (all times are local):
- Savona at 18:30 on December 4 at Piazza del Brandale
- Ravenna at 19:00 on December 4 at Via D'Alaggio
- Trento at 18:00 on December 6 at Piazza Duomo
- Caligari at 19:00 on December 7; organizers did not immediately announce a location.
- Bari at 18:30 on December 7 at Piazza della Libertà
- Foggia at 18:30 on December 7 at Piazza Giordano
- Turin at 19:00 on December 10 at Piazza Castello
- Forlì at 19:00 on December 12 at Piazza Aurelio Saffi
- Venice at 19:00 on December 13 at Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia
- Rome at 15:00 on December 14 at Piazza di San Giovanni in Laterano
- Pisa at 18:00 on December 15 at Piazza dei Cavalieri
Similar protests in recent weeks have attracted several thousand people. A heightened security presence and localized traffic disruptions are expected near all protest sites.
Individuals in Italy are advised to avoid all demonstrations as a precaution, anticipate localized business and transportation disruptions near protest sites, and obey instructions issued by the local authorities.